5 Factors that Decide Your Credit Score
Coldwell Banker Islands Realty reminds you that it's best to keep your score--which can range from 200 to 800--above 620! Please keep these factors in mind:
1) Your Payment History. Whether you paid credit card obligations on time
2) How Much You Owe. Owing a great deal of money on numerous accounts can indicate that you are overextended.
3) Length of Your Credit History. In general, the longer the better.
4) How Much New Credit You Have. New credit, either installment payments or new credit cards, are considered more risky, even if you pay promptly.
5) The Types of Credit You Use. Generally, it’s desirable to have more than one type of credit—installment loans, credit cards, and a mortgage, for example.