Questions to Ask When Choosing a Realtor
1. What, in detail, is your experience in resdiential Vermont real estate sales?
2. What designations do you hold? Designations such as GRI and CRS, which require that agents take additional, specialized real estate training, are held by only about one-quarter of real estate practitioners.
3. How many homes did you sell last year?
4. How many days did it take you to sell the average home? How did that compare to the overall market?
5. How close to the initial asking prices of the homes you sold were the final sale prices?
6. What types of specific marketing systems and approaches will you use to sell my home? What do you do beyond just putting a sign in the yard and hoping for the best?
7. Will you represent me exclusively, or will you represent both the buyer and the seller in the transaction?
8. Can you recommend service providers who can assist me in obtaining a mortgage, making repairs on my home, and other things I need done? Do you receive any compensation from these providers?
9. What type of support and supervision does your brokerage office provide to you?
10. Here's my business philosophy. What’s yours?
11. How will you keep me informed about the progress of my transaction?
12. Could you please give me the names and phone numbers of your three most recent clients?