Coldwell Banker Islands Realty wants to help you sell your home successfully. Before your home goes on the market there are some things that you can do to show your home in the best way possible way. Here are some suggestions to make your Vermont house more salable:
1. De-clutter! Throw out or file stacks of newspapers and magazines. Pack away most of your trinkets and small collectibles. Store out-of-season clothing to make closets seem roomier. Clean out the garage.
2. Let Natural Light In. Wash your windows and screens to let more light into the interior. When showing your home make sure to open the blinds and curtains.
3. Keep It Extra Clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates. Mop and wax floors. Clean the stove and refrigerator. Show potential buyers that your Vermont home is well cared for.
4. Get Rid of Smells. Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke, and pet smells. Open the windows to air out rooms.
5. Lighting. Put higher wattage bulbs in light sockets to make rooms seem brighter, especially basements and other dark rooms. Replace any burnt-out bulbs.
6. Minor Repairs. Make minor repairs that can create a bad impression. Small problems such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, scuffed floors, or a dripping faucet may seem trivial, but they’ll give buyers the impression that the house isn’t well maintained.
7. Tidy Your Yard. Cut the grass, rake the leaves, trim the bushes, and edge the walks. Plant flowers!
8. Repair Driveway. Patch holes in your driveway and reapply sealant, if applicable.
9. Clean Gutters.
10. Front Door Facelift. Polish your front doorknob and door numbers. Add a seasonal wreath for decoration.