You've decide to put your home on market but are unsure what projects will really help the sale of your home. Coldwell Banker Islands Realty wants your home to be as appealing to you and to potential buyers as it can be. Here are some quick, easy, and inexpensive ways that you can spruce up your home.
First impressions are everything and the exterior can set the tone for a potential buyer. Boost your curb appeal by spending some time cleaning up outside. Making these small changes can have a big impact.
- Trim bushes so that they are not blocking windows or walkways.
- Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
- Put a fresh coating on your driveway.
- Put a seasonal wreath on your door.
- Keep your garden tools out of site.
- Be sure kids put away their toys.
- Buy a new mailbox.
- Upgrade your outside lighting.
- Polish or replace your house numbers.
- Clean your gutters.
There a small changes that you can make inside your home to make it more appealing to potential buyers. Taking the time to declutter and rearrange can really pay off. Here are some ways to spruce up the interior of your home.
- Use warm, incandescent light bulbs for a homey feel.
- Put out potpourri or burn scented candles.
- Buy new pillows for the sofa.
- Buy a flowering plant and put in a window you pass by frequently.
- Make a centerpiece for your table with fruit or artificial flowers.
- Replace heavy curtains with sheer ones that let in more light.
- Buy new towels and display them in bathrooms.
- Declutter! Clear off countertops and reorganize bookshelves.
We hope you found these tips helpful!