Before you list your property there are several things to-do before. Taking the time to do these things will help you be better prepared when your home goes on the market. If you have any questions please contact us.
- Gather Documents: Put together warranties and manuals on any appliances and other items that will remain with the house. Collect documentation of any repairs or improvements made to the property as well.
- Pre-sale Home Inspection: Get a pre-sale home inspection so you’ll be able to make repairs before buyers become concerned and cancel a contract. If you don’t want to make repairs work with your Realtor on how to adjust the sale price.
- Get Estimates: Get estimates from a reliable repair person on items that need to be replaced soon, a roof or worn carpeting, for example. In this way, buyers will have a better sense of how much these needed repairs will affect their costs.
- Declutter: Simplifying your home will let buyers envision themselves and their belongings in the home. Clear off countertops, purge bookshelves and organize closets -- yes, people will be looking in your closets.
- Fill Out Disclosure: Fill out a disclosure form provided by your sales associate. Take the time to be sure that you don’t forget problems, however minor, that might create liability for you after the sale.